Office Insurance

get office Insurance quotes

Compare Office Insurance from selected UK specialists. Just fill out the simple one page form then relax and let the panel of specialist providers contact you directly. The quotation system is provided by our partner, Quotezone who have helped over two million users search for cheaper insurance quotes. Then select a policy and price to suit your needs.

Office Insurance

Whether you have a large commercial office premises or you work from your own home, you are going to need to have some insurances in place to safeguard your business. There are several different types of insurance that you might require for your office. In addition to the standard building and contents cover, there is public liability, employers liability and possible options such as fixtures and fittings or stock cover.

The type of office premises you have will determine in part which insurances you need, and the nature of your business will have an impact too. For a self employed person working at home, you may only need cover for your office equipment, but larger businesses could require a range of cover to be properly protected.

Building And Contents Cover

Buildings insurance is clearly very important. If you are working in your own home, check that your domestic policy covers you for the business activity you are carrying out. If you are renting commercial premises, the building cover is often arranged by the landlord and included in the rent you pay. Again, you need to check to be sure you are covered.

Contents policies are important, but bear in mind that these will not cover fixtures and fittings or any stock that you carry in your office. Stock can be very valuable and needs to be insured as a separate item.

Liability Protection

Then there are liability insurances to consider. If you have non-staff coming onto your premises, or if your staff sometimes go out onto other people’s premises to work, then you should have public liability cover.

The other related type of policy is employers liability, which you must have by law if you employ any staff other then direct family. These two types of cover are the basis of most business insurance plans and are usually offered together.