Loss Of Rent

compare landlord insurance

Compare Landlord Insurance from selected UK specialists. Just fill out the simple one page form then relax and let the panel of specialist providers contact you directly. The quotation system is provided by our partner, Quotezone who have helped over two million users search for cheaper insurance quotes. Then select a policy and price to suit your needs.

There are several different types of insurances that are particularly useful for landlords and it is important to fully understand the various options in order to decide whether you should have them or not. Loss of rent insurance is about replacing your rental income if the property you rent out becomes uninhabitable. This will typically be through serious accidents such as fire, flood, storm damage or subsidence.

Most types of loss of rent policy will pay you the rental income you have lost for a set period of time, aimed at giving you time to put your property back into habitable order.

It is important to understand the difference between this and tenant default insurance plans. Loss of rent will not pay out if a tenant becomes unable to pay their rent. If you wish to cover that option you will need tenant default cover.

Other insurances that you may wish to purchase as part of your landlord insurance package include public liability, building and contents cover.