Landlord Liability

compare landlord insurance

Compare Landlord Insurance from selected UK specialists. Just fill out the simple one page form then relax and let the panel of specialist providers contact you directly. The quotation system is provided by our partner, Quotezone who have helped over two million users search for cheaper insurance quotes. Then select a policy and price to suit your needs.

Landlords who own property to rent out should seriously consider whether they require public liability protection. In the case of a landlord this is to guard against claims by tenants in case they suffer injury or illness while in your property. Public liability cover will protect you against any claim by a third party for damages. Examples of major claims against landlords include carbon dioxide poisoning, but there are a whole range of other things that could lead to claims too.

The only other liability cover you may need is if you employ staff, as all employers need to have employee liability insurance in place to cover their staff.

You can probably combine all your insurance needs in one policy to save time and money. The other obvious elements you need your policy to cover are building and contents insurance. The contents part will only be for any fixtures, fittings or furniture that you actually own.