Landlord Insurance

compare landlord insurance

Compare Landlord Insurance from selected UK specialists. Just fill out the simple one page form then relax and let the panel of specialist providers contact you directly. The quotation system is provided by our partner, Quotezone who have helped over two million users search for cheaper insurance quotes. Then select a policy and price to suit your needs.

housesA landlord insurance policy is a form of insurance specially designed for people in the buy to let market. The core of it is building and contents insurance, but there are there elements that can be included too.

Buildings cover is always part of a buy to let policy, covering you against standard hazards such as fire, subsidence, floods, etc. Unlike a normal domestic policy, though, your landlord policy ought to also include protection for accidental damage caused by tenants.

The contents element will depend on the nature of the lease, but is intended to cover anything inside the property that belongs to the landlord. This will include fixtures and fittings, flooring and carpets, furnishings and curtains and any furniture provided. Landlord insurance will not provide any cover for contents belonging to tenants.

As part of your landlord insurance cover you would be advised to consider including public liability protection too. This will safeguard against any claims due to a tenant suffering injury or death while in the property.

Another element of cover that is relevant to landlords is for loss of rental income. While your building insurance cover may provide for the cost of rebuilding after a fire, you may be liable for the costs of re-housing your tenants while the property is not habitable. As well as covering such additional costs, it should pay you for the lost income from the rental that you would have received.

Other optional extras on your insurance are cover for non payment of rent and for legal and court fees if you have to take them to court to get payment. Naturally any such additional cover will increase the premium.

If you own several properties you should be able to get multi-property landlords insurance which ought to work out cheaper per property than single policies.